Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rocks, Bricks, Herbs, in the Hot Sun!!


Afternoon All, wow you turn your back and take a break and the weather gets Hot again. Yesterday evening when I walked outside with my journal and pencil in hand I had a vision of what else I could do to this area of my garden.
And the pictures tell the story. Let me back up a little. The other day while I was visiting my friend she gave me a couple of little Japanese Maples-Umm ,where can I put these?
So the wheels starting turning. When I went out in the yard last night I took a paper and pencil and starting designing this area. I finished the long brick walk and added an additional 5' walk in front of shed leading you to a Barrel with bricks laid in a "Sun/Wheel" pattern thingy (Not done yet). I am going to plant one of  the maples in the Barrel!! Maples like Sun, right? And I'm extending the garden out around the bricks. I am putting in a new "Herb" area and the left side. And I'm moving some grasses to give a focal point as to where to come into the garden. And here's a close-up of the unfinished barrel pattern.

Ok, on too next project!!! This is the finished little Gnome Cottage that I painted on a rock for a friends Birthday. Front/Back/Side Views, What do you think?So I'm going to take a break for now and be back later with more of my favorite plants. Peace Out from this gardener to you! Happy Grilling :)

2 comments:

  1. Darling, darling!! Really creative ideas, Joyce. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marte. Glad you were here. How's your beautiful gardens coming along and your brick path. Hope to see ya, soon. thanks

    ReplyDelete